Sunday, September 25, 2005

Public Visits so far

CHILDREN: Grizzley went to the daycare to pick up my child. They were all playing outside which was good. Some of the kids came over to see him but most of them didn't even know he was there. At this age, he's very unpredictable with children.

NON-WORKING WALKS: He's been on a few walks outside. We usually take him down to the corner and back (about 4 houses away).

LARGE GROUPS OF PEOPLE: I took him one time to church while my kids were in choir practice. He did really well heeling next to me. I was amazed that he knew to do that. I would say "heel" and he would slow down and get right next to me. We also practiced retrieving in an empty side hallway. Grizzley does fantastic with retrieving. So far, he has always brought the object back to me. Then the kids got out of choir and the hallways filled up so I picked him up. What a people magnet! We spent the next 20 minutes talking about him to different people and answering their questions. He LOVED every minute of it. He licked the faces of the teenage girls as they petted him. They of course thought he was so cute!

VARIOUS FLOORING SURFACES: Yesterday, I took him to a hotel. We walked on asphalt, then sidewalk, then marble, then a rug, then marble, then carpet. He did great until we went to leave. He had a hard time walking on the rug by the door. I remembered from being at work with him that if I waited he would all of a sudden decide to cross it. It's pretty funny. He did great with the kids that were there swimming and all the water noise.

CAR RIDES: He's wonderful in the car. He wanders around while I'm driving and then he finds a place to lay down. He doesn't whine or get car sick. YES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home